Top 7 Ways to Revive Your Wet Cannabis in Phuket?
For cannabis enthusiasts, keeping their stash fresh and high-quality is a must. But what if it dries out? There’s no need to worry! You can restore your dry cannabis with these seven practical and easy-to-follow techniques. Keep in mind that these methods are most effective for cannabis that’s just dried out, not older and severely degraded weed.
- Revive Your Dry Cannabis: Use Boveda packs, fresh orange peels, lettuce leaves, fresh mint leaves, a bread slice, stone humidifiers, or a damp cotton ball to rehydrate your dry cannabis effectively.
- Avoid Certain Methods: Using a microwave, exposing your cannabis to direct sunlight, or adding too much water can harm your cannabis instead of reviving it.
- Preventive Measures: To prevent your cannabis from drying out, always store it in airtight containers in cool, dark places. Regularly checking your rehydrating cannabis for signs of mold growth is crucial.
1. Boveda Packs
Boveda packs, which may be available at local headshops or tobacco shops in Phuket, are excellent for rehydrating cannabis. Although, you might find better luck online. They come in different humidity levels, but 58% or 62% are recommended for cannabis. However, be careful about the size of the pack to avoid overhydration.
- Put a Boveda pack in the jar with your cannabis.
- Seal the jar and let it sit for a few days, allowing the Boveda pack to do its work.
2. Fresh Orange Peel
Adding a fresh orange peel to your cannabis container can provide needed moisture and give your weed a slight citrusy flavor. But, be cautious not to overdo it, as too much moisture can lead to mold growth.
- Place a fresh orange peel in your weed container but ensure it doesn’t directly touch the cannabis.
- Keep checking your weed daily. Once it feels supple again, remove the orange peel.
3. Lettuce Leaves
Lettuce, particularly iceberg, has a high water content and can help rehydrate your cannabis without changing its flavor like citrus peels might.
- Put a lettuce leaf in your cannabis container, without it touching the weed.
- Monitor the condition daily and remove the lettuce once the cannabis feels rehydrated.
4. Fresh Mint Leaves
Mint leaves can moisturize your cannabis while adding a refreshing minty aroma.
- Put a fresh mint leaf into your cannabis jar.
- Regularly check the weed, removing the mint leaf once the cannabis feels rehydrated.
5. Bread Slice
While it may sound strange, a slice of bread can restore your cannabis effectively, but you have to be careful as it can also introduce mold.
- Place a slice of bread in your cannabis container, ensuring it doesn’t touch the weed.
- Check after a few hours, and once your cannabis feels rehydrated, remove the bread.
6. Stone Humidifiers
Stone humidifiers, usually used to keep tobacco fresh, can also be useful for your cannabis.
- Soak the stone in water and put it in your cannabis container.
- Regularly check your weed and once it’s rehydrated, remove the stone.
7. Damp Cotton Ball
A slightly damp cotton ball can provide just enough moisture to rehydrate your cannabis without the risk of mold.
- Put a slightly damp cotton ball in your cannabis container without it touching the cannabis.
- Keep checking your weed and once it’s rehydrated, remove the cotton ball.
Three Ways Not To Rehydrate Cannabis
As crucial as it is to know how to restore dry cannabis, it’s equally important to understand how not to do it. Here are three methods to avoid:
- Using a Microwave: Microwaving dry cannabis may seem like a quick fix, but it’s more likely to ruin your weed by breaking down the cannabinoids and terpenes, altering the flavor and potency.
- Exposing it to Direct Sunlight: Leaving your cannabis in the sun to rehydrate can cause the THC to degrade and transform into CBN, which has different effects and may alter the potency of your weed.
- Adding too much water: Over saturating your cannabis in an attempt to rehydrate it quickly can lead to mold growth and ruin your stash.
The panic of having a dried-out stash can be quite troubling for any cannabis enthusiast. But with these seven revival techniques and knowledge of what not to do, you have options to try a recovery. Remember, these methods are most effective if your weed is just a bit dry, not if it’s been dry for a long time. Always check your rehydrating weed regularly for signs of mold growth – compromising your health to save some cannabis is never worth it. As always, prevention is better than cure, so be sure to store your cannabis properly in airtight containers, in cool, dark places to prevent drying out.